- Kellie Williams is our 2021-22 club President. Congrats Kellie and thanks for your energy and leadership!
- Meet-Up Rides everyday at 11:00a from Underwood Park north. You choose your degree of weather tolerance! Like the Show & Go rides, this is a leaderless ride where participants decide destination and pace. Fat tire bikes (and riders) are welcome to join the meet up! <Underwood map>
- Membership renewal time! Quick and easy online!
- Year end Big Dog Miles are posted under the news tab. Congrats Kevin Byrd on a plus 10,000 mile year! Impressive!
(Last updated 01/19/2021)
Cycling in the time of COVID: A quick summary or practices adapted from Ride Illinois
- Individuals: (a) Bring a face covering and hand sanitizer on every ride. (b) Wear a face covering when it’s not possible to adhere to social distancing guidelines. (c) Be particularly mindful of social distancing when passing others and when being passed. (d) Every participant should bring necessary supplies, tools (tubes, CO2/bike pump, tire levers, etc), and food to support themselves.
- Clubs; (a) Rides restricted to members only. If you are getting this email and are not a member, please consider joining the Wheelers. (b) During Phases 3 and 4, rides will ONLY be announced in club member emails. Ride details will not be advertised on the website or as Facebook events.
- The Ride: (a) Ride leader will record the names of participants in case contact tracing becomes necessary. (b) Even with 10 riders, we will split into smaller groups that stay apart for the duration of the ride, including rest stops. In sight, but separate! (c) Please arrive at least 5 minutes before the ride start time to facilitate introductions, ride overview, and grouping.
A bit more about us…
The McLean County Wheelers is a club of cycling enthusiasts in Central Illinois. Our members have many different skill levels and riding preferences. The focus of our rides is not racing or endurance, but rather to encourage and support safe cycling for recreation and fitness. The club is affiliated with local, state, and national bicycling advocacy groups. Learn more at Resources/Advocacy.
Rides & Calendar
Rides are posted in calendar or list format, both of which display well on mobiles so you never need to be without your ride planner! The calendar includes rides and events by other area organizations as well as Wheeler Show & Go rides each Saturday and Sunday morning during the season. Like us on Facebook for additional ride information. For cycling tips, safety, and Q&A on our rides, visit Tips and FAQ’s.
Click the membership tab to check out the benefits of being a Wheeler, membership options, and links to online and mail-in applications. Annual memberships are for the calendar year. Thanks for joining or renewing!
Buy, Sell, or Give Away…
If you need a new bike or just want to upgrade, save some money and see what steeds and accessories that our members are grudgingly willing to part with. Members can post ads free for up to six months. See listings and posting instructions in our classifieds section.