Join the McLean County Wheelers Riding Experience!
- Whether you’re a beginner or an old pro, the McLean County Wheelers help make your riding experience more fun by riding with others — a scientifically proven fact according to two new studies (The Atlantic, Olga Khazan, Oct. 16, 2014).
- Members enjoy all types of activities, including group rides to fit your style and speed…whether beginner or experienced… including weekend rides, night rides, full moon rides, and week day late afternoon mellow rides.
- Club rides are posted on our website and announced in weekly emails during the riding season.
- Join our many members who regularly participate in organized rides. If you’ve never participated in such an event, you don’t know the terrific cycling you’re missing!
- The McLean County Wheelers sponsor our own ride, the Spring Metric, as a fundraiser for local cycling-related community programs.
- The club sponsors training rides in May and June to help you get in shape for the Spring Metric.
- As an organization, the Wheelers also strive to make a positive contribution to the advancement of cycling in Bloomington-Normal and encourages bicycle safety by our example and in cooperation with other safety oriented groups.
Benefits of Membership Include:
- Weekly email newsletter providing details and reminders about:
- club rides and sponsored rides by other organizations
- other bicycle related fun, advocacy, and volunteer opportunities.
- social events for cyclists, their families and friends.
- information of interest to members and all cyclists.
- Organized rides with experienced leaders.
- Opportunities to lead rides and provide input into the types of rides offered.
- Insurance coverage for ride leaders.
- Option to list cycling related items for sale on the Classifieds section of the website.
- Advancement of the bicycle culture in Bloomington-Normal to encourage safe cycling for recreation and transportation.
- 10% Discount on parts and accessories from the the bicycle stores listed below. Please make sure you ask for the discount before you check out.