Join the McLean County Wheelers Riding Experience!
- Whether you’re a beginner or an old pro, the McLean County Wheelers help make your riding experience more fun! It’s a scientifically proven fact according to two new studies (The Atlantic, Olga Khazan, Oct. 16, 2014).
- Our members enjoy all types of activities, including group rides to fit your style and speed…whether beginner or experienced… including weekend rides, night rides, fullmoon rides, and week day mellow rides.
- Club rides are posted on our website and announced in weekly emails during the riding season.
- Join our many members who regularly participate in organized rides. If you’ve never participated in such an event, you don’t know the terrific cycling you’re missing!
- The McLean County Wheelers sponsor our own ride, the Spring Metric, as a fundraiser for local cycling-related community programs.
- The club sponsors training rides in May and June to help you get in shape for the Spring Metric.
- As an organization, the Wheelers also strive to make a positive contribution to the advancement of cycling in Bloomington-Normal and encourages bicycle safety by our example and in cooperation with other safety oriented groups.
As a Member You’re Eligible for:
- Weekly email newsletter providing details and reminders about:
- club rides and sponsored rides by other organizations
- other bicycle related fun, advocacy, and volunteer opportunities.
- social events for cyclists, their families and friends.
- information of interest to members and all cyclists.
- Opportunities to lead rides.
- Insurance coverage for ride leaders.
- List cycling related items on our Classifieds section of the website.
- 10% Discount on parts and accessories from the the bicycle stores listed below. Please make sure you ask for the discount before you check out.